Have you ever had a perfect bar? I mean, the Perfect Bar? Made with whole food ingredients and a whole lotta TLC? I have a thing for companies who grow from a space of authenticity and a passion for sharing that love far and wide.
Because I had ingredients on hand, and because we’re always looking for a snack everyone in my family will enjoy, I decided to try my hand at making a homemade version.
This recipe turns out a delicious and filling snack, making it a great on-the-go goody with a taste the whole family will love. With real protein and superfoods in every bite, these will energize and fill you up. They even handle that after dinner hankering for a little something sweet.
I created two versions of this bar (here’s the other), and this one has a nibble of oats if you like that texture and taste. They add a mild crunch, which my family loves, and a hint of sweet from the honey and chocolate chips.
They are easy to make, easy to roll out, and super easy to grab by the bite. Go ahead, give them a try.
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bites
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup peanut butter or other nut butter
- 1/2 cup flax seeds ground
- 4 scoops collagen
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips I use Nestle Simply Delicious or Enjoy Life
- With a sturdy wooden spoon, mix the peanut butter and honey together first. Once meshed together, add the flax seeds and collagen. Fold in the oats and chocolate chips together at the end. It'll be thick! (Or do the same thing in your stand mixer with the paddle attachment.)
- Hand press onto parchment paper-lined on a cookie sheet. I put another piece of parchment between my hand and the dough as it helps me not to stick as I'm patting it down into a big square. You can make them as thin or thick as you'd like.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Once firm, cut into bite sized squares for easy grabbing. Store in the refrigerator. These freeze well for later use.