It would be dishonest of me to say that I made this up, as I got the bones of this recipe from a dear friend years ago. But what happens every time I make it is that I measure less and less, and we leave it longer and longer for lower and lower temperatures in the oven. It has just taken on a little life of its own. And, thankfully, it’s pretty hard to mess it up.
So experiment away! You’ll never buy overpriced, sugar-laden granola at the store again.
- 8 cups thick gluten-free rolled oats sometimes called old fashioned oats
- 1 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- 1 cup slivered or sliced almonds chopped cashews, pecans, walnuts also work
- Stir all ingredients together in a big bowl.
- Pour onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 275, stirring every 30 minutes, for 90 minutes total.
- Once cooled, add chopped dried fruit or raisins.
- Store in an airtight container.
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that My Healthy Beginning receives a discount or portion of sales if you purchase through our links. There is no additional cost passed on to you.