It is National Popcorn Day on January 19. Ditch the microwave bag and try Nichi’s stovetop recipe!
- 1/4 cup organic popcorn kernels
- 2 – 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 – 6 tbsp Kerrygold butter melted
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
- nutritional yeast to taste
- I use a Whirley Pop Popcorn Maker (Wabash Valley Farms on Amazon). This recipe can also be made in a large pot with a lid.
- Add coconut oil and popcorn kernels into the popcorn maker and place over medium heat. Stir when you hear popcorn begin to pop, and keep stirring until the popping slows to 1 pop every few seconds. Remove from heat.
- In a pot, rather than stirring, you must shake the pan occasionally and return to heat, being careful not to burn the popcorn. You want to crack the lid occasionally during popping to let some steam out.
- While popcorn is popping, melt 4 – 6 tablespoons of Kerrygold butter, then drizzle over popcorn and season with Himalayan sea salt to taste. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast for extra B vitamins and a savory, almost cheesy, taste.