Remember this recipe?
Turns out it was a hit. So I subbed some dried fruit for some chocolate, which I get is to be taken very seriously and is rarely warranted.
I know I’m speaking to my peeps here.
I packed up and sent along 6 of these fruity granola bars as dessert or snacks for the next day with dinner for a new postpartum mama of baby #5. She’s pretty much my hero.
Apparently it was a hit over there, too. Thanks for being patient over there in your breastfeeding and little led world for me to load this recipe.
Fig Apricot Grain-Free Granola Bar
- 1 cup chopped almonds (see note below)
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup dried figs chopped
- 1 cup dried apricots chopped
- Pour chopped nuts into a mixing bowl. Stir in 1/2 tsp pink salt and shredded coconut.
- While chopping the dried figs and apricots, melt the following in a saucepan on low: coconut oil, sunflower seed butter, honey, and vanilla.
- Once heated thoroughly and stirred together nicely with a whisk, remove from heat and stir into chopped nuts.
- Lastly, add the dried fruit.
- At this point I find taking my rings off and washing my hands to be imperative, as these guys are easier to flatten out with my own two hands.
- Line an 8x8 Pyrex pan lined with parchment paper or oil with coconut oil.
- Flatten to desired thickness and pop into the fridge to chill.
- Score and cut once desired consistency is reached.