When, last spring my Nutrition Response Testing practitioner told me to go grain free, fruit free and dairy free, I willingly agreed though would rather have thrown a little fit.
Fruit. Seriously? So I gave it up and found it was a HUGE contributor to the cystic acne I was experiencing.
Dairy. I get it-I have a hard time with it anyway and thought it was contributing to my break outs.
Grains. I get those, too. Though I am long over my love affair with bread, bagels and english muffins, a client recently made me a sandwich on homemade grain free bread that was out of this world. I’ve never been much of a sandwich girl, but I’ve got to say, they are the easiest thing to throw together for a quick meal, snack or to have for on the go.
Though I thrive on vegetables, meat, nuts, seeds and healthy fats, this new bread has become a family favorite. Toasted, on its own, as French Toast-you name it, we love it…and we go through about a loaf a week.
Your New Favorite Bread
- 3 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xantham gum
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter I have also tried using melted coconut oil and it works great
- Preheat oven to 375. I use a Pyrex loaf pan with coconut oil on the sides and a rectangle piece of parchment paper along the bottom of the pan-the loaf pops right out every time once cool.
- I dump everything in one large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then place a loose piece of aluminum foil across the top and bake for another 55 minutes.
- Let cool before dumping out of pan and slicing.
I have also used chopped cashews in place of pistachios at 3/4 cup along with the almond flour and the taste was terrific. Because of this bread I have welcomed back in the love of a good old fashioned PB&J!
If you’re looking for healthy lunch ideas for your family, I’ve got a free one week healthy lunch menu you can download-complete with shopping list, prep day instructions and recipes.
To get your healthy lunch menu download, CLICK HERE=>www.myhealthybeginning.com/healthy-lunch-menu