Chocolate Peppermint Pretzels
- 1 bag Glutino or Snyder's gluten-free pretzels
- 1 bag Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 large candy canes organic with raw sugar; HFCS and food dye free
- Place parchment paper down on two cookie sheets.
- Gently melt the chocolate chips with a tablespoon of coconut oil in small sauce pan on low, stirring regularly.
- Crush two candy canes in a ziploc bag (I let Odin go at with his hammer on the kitchen floor!)
- When the chocolate is melted, we dipped each pretzel in and set it on the parchment until the whole bag was gone.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy canes over the pretzels (toward the end, Annie began to roll the chocolate covered pretzels in the crushed candy canes).
- Place the cookie sheet in the freezer to quickly firm up (about 15 minutes), then stack and store in the fridge.
- ***To leave the candy canes out altogether, you could place a drop of Young Living Vitality peppermint oil in the chocolate/coconut oil mix for the minty flavor***