Looking for a delicious breakfast idea? A great snack for the kids? Something filling to send in the lunchbox? If you’re not on the chia pudding train yet, you’re about to be. Full of protein, healthy fat, omega-3s, and fiber, and oh-so customizable. You can’t go wrong!
Mix chia seeds with your milk of choice and in a few hours, you have a really nice pudding-like consistency. You can dress it up with all kinds of flavors and toppings. My favorite is thawed frozen berries. Swirl them in for a beautiful pink or purple design — your kids will love this!
Try making it with milk from your Almond Cow — my favorite gadget to make your own nut and seed milks at home in just minutes, with no additives and no mess.
- 2 cups cashew (or almond) milk
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 pinch of salt
- thawed frozen berries for topping optional
- Add all the ingredients to a quart sized mason jar.
- Put on the lid and give it a vigorous shake.
- Place in the fridge for at least two hours (or overnight).
- The seeds will naturally settle to the bottom. I like to store mine upside down and shake before scooping some out to serve.
- Top with berries, banana, coconut flakes, cinnamon, or other toppings you enjoy. Go wild!
This post contains affiliate links.