Admittedly becoming a mom for the first time is really exciting stuff.
5 Things You Don’t Need as a New Mom
- stay in bed for a week with your baby getting to know his/her cues for feeding, bonding, diapering, etc.
- request multiple healthy meals from family/friends when they make their SHORT 15 MINUTE VISITS, not lingering hours long exhausting marathon visits
- leave the cleaning and housekeeping to your mother/partner/mother-in-law and dear friends
- set your bills on auto pay so you have peace of mind they are taken care of
- communicate your needs daily (or hourly at first) to your partner. No joke here-the needs of a new mama are multi-faceted, much like that of the wee one you’re now in charge of. Lean in to the support of your partner for your success as a mama. This isn’t a one woman show.
The few things you do need:
- a tribe: people who believe in you, love you and support you
- a steady flow of nutrient dense meals (see #5) and snacks
- friends who will stop in to do your laundry (including you and your partners underwear) with no judgement, wash your dishes and clean your bathroom-all without asking to hold the baby so you can vacuum the living room carpet
- a wrap to wear your baby in after your first WEEK in bed
- breastfeeding support (if that is your choice), whether it be La Leche League, an independent lactation consultant, your sister whose nursed 3 children successfully or an online forum
Being a first-time mama is an amazing experience. The New Mama Welcome Pack blog hop is a celebration of this life changing event! Follow the links to discover more unmissable advice, stories and essential tips. And if you’re a new mama who wants to rock motherhood without guilt, overwhelm or losing yourself, check out the New Mama Welcome Pack here.
New Mama Welcome Pack / Lotte Lane / Dreaming Aloud / Zhendria / Birthing in Conscious Choice / Natalie Garay / Eli Trier / Knecht Ruprecht / Lise Meijer / Naomi Goodlet / A Lifestyle By Design / Story of Mum / Like a Bird / Holistic Mama / Birth Geek / Joyful Parenting / Stroller Packing / My Healthy Beginning / Mums and More / Kate Beddow – Growing Spirits / Ellen Nightingale / Stacie Whitney / Maternity Leavers / Photography for Busy Parents / Close Enough To Kiss / Atelier Susana Tavares / Offbeat Family / Katie m. Berggren ~ Painting Motherhood / Winship Wellness Blog / Liberate From Weight / Jessica Cary / Art + Craft / Raising Playful Tots / Peaceful Mothering / Play Activities / Lauren Nenna / Nurture You / The Adventure Mama / Be Wise Be Healthy / b.a.d.momGoodmom / Doula in Your Pocket / Making Mom Strong / Adrienn Csoknyay / Joyful Parents / Alison Hummel / Simple Solutions for Photos / Lynne Newman / Euphoric Birth / Mumpreneur Mentor / A Walk in the Clouds / Parenting on the Fence / MiaMily